Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A yarn called Jackson

When I discovered Mountain Meadow Wool Mill in Buffalo WY, I knew it would be love.  We started carrying their mountain merino wool rightly named Jackson.  This yarn is dreamy.  It has that beautiful hand that natural spun yarn should have.  I can only describe it as "squishy".  It has excellent stitch definition for a natural spun, and the hand paint doesn't seem to be pooling anything horrible.  I've knit a few accesories out of it since one skein of 262 yards will do a hat and matching "Luna Lover" fingerless mitts all for $18.  Right?  A skein of yarn that is ranched in WY, milled in WY and dyed in WY all at an affordable price.  I call that a win.
I am now onto a top-down cardigan in colorway Night.  It's a beautiful mix of deep purple, wine, chocolate, a touch of blue, topaz and green.  This colorway just reminds me of camping down on the Greys River just south of Jackson.  I'm knitting in seed stitch on the shoulders and sleeves just to give what would be a boring knit, some life. 
Bottom line:

I love this yarn. 
I love this small company.
and I want to knit everything in it!



No comments:

Post a Comment